Report Frauds and Scams Print
Wednesday, 11 May 2016 18:12

Report Frauds and Scams

There are many different types of fraud and each may be reported differently. First, report the fraud to your local police department or the sheriff's office if you live outside a city served by a police department. You may also contact your Oregon State regulators (for example, consumer protection office) to report fraud. Violations of federal laws should be reported to the federal agency responsible for enforcement. While federal agencies are rarely able to act on behalf of individuals, they use complaints to record patterns of abuse which allow an agency to take action against a company or industry. If you suspect fraud, take these steps:

 Oregon State Regulators Handling Fraud cases:

  Federal Regulators: