Office Hours: 8:30am - 5:00pm (M-Th)
LEGAL NOTICES / PUBLIC ANNOUNCEMENTS
PUBLIC ANNOUNCEMENT: LOCAL COUNTY ELECTION NIGHT RESULTS REPORTING
- COLUMBIA COUNTY ELECTION NIGHT RESULTS REPORTING SCHEDULE
- First Preliminary results: between 8pm to 830pm
- Second Preliminary results: between 10pm to 1030pm
- Third Preliminary results 12am to 1230 am.
- A Final "close of counting" report will be posted when all election night ballots have been counted.
- FOR STATEWIDE ELECTION RESULTS: visit the Oregon Secretary of State's Elections site
Current Election Information
May 17, 2016 Primary Election
Voter registration deadline (last day to register to vote OR change party affiliation - April 26,2016.
First day to mail ballots- April 27, 2016.
NOTE: It is advised that if you cannot mail your voted ballot by by Wednesday May 11th, you should use a local ballot return dropbox.
FILED CANDIDATES- Final: as of filing deadline 3/8/2016.
- ORS 249.088 provides that a candidate would be elected to certain non partisan offices (relevant to this election: office of County Commissoner) at the Primary Election if the candidate receives a majority of the votes cast (50%+1). If no candidate receives a majority of votes the two top vote getters will appear on the General Election ballot.
- Per ORS 249.091, Article V, Section 16 and Article VI, Section 6, of the Oregon Constitution, the office of Sheriff and County Treasurer will be elected at the General Election and will not appear on the May 17 Primary ballot.
Measure 5-251: Formation of Columbia County Rider Transportation District
Measure 5-252: Request to Annex Julian Property into the City of St. Helens
Measure 5-253: Five Year Local Option Levy (Vernonia RFPD)
Measure 5-254: Replaement Local Option Levy (Scappoose Fire District)
Precinct Committtee Person(PCP) election:
Recent Election Information
February 23, 2016 Recall Election- Columbia River PUD sub 2
CRPUD territory and voter precincts- by subdivision zone map